Director Integra Institute Center For Advanced Dental Learning
Assistant Clinical Professor LSU School of Dentistry
Dr. John Schwartz is an innovator, author, researcher, and instructor in the field of oral esthetics and dental ceramics. Dr. Schwartz is a ceramist and dentist. Dr. Schwartz is the creator/designer of the bleached dentition in ceramic. Having first described the bleached dentition in ceramic technique in 1998. He is also a co-creator of the layering technique for pressed laminates. Dr. Schwartz is the inventor of the vertical shoulder preparation for porcelain laminate veneers. His research in strengths of ceramic crowns has resulted in fabrication techniques that can increase the strength for lithium disilicate crowns as much as 34%.In addition to his dental practice and teaching role at the Integra Institute, Dr. Schwartz lectures to dentists and ceramists on esthetic and cosmetic dentistry across the United States. He has featured esthetic articles in Practical Periodontics & Aesthetic Dentistry, Dentistry Today, Dental Products Report, Inside Dentistry, Reflect Magazine as well as educational videos for National Dental Network, Integra Institute and Dental XP. He currently serves as the Director of the Integra Institute Center for Advanced Dental Learning and Clinical Assistant Professor Department of Prosthodontics Louisiana State University.• Bachelor of Science degree, 1982 Louisiana State University.• Doctor of Dental Surgery degree, 1986 Louisiana State University School of Dentistry.• Private Practice of Dentistry in New Orleans, Louisiana 1986-1993.
- Dental Ceramist 1989-Present
- Private Practice of Dentistry Limited to Esthetics 1994-present.
• Member of C. Edmond Kells Honorary Dental Society.
Academy of General Dentistry
• The Esthetic Restorative Training Manual for all Ceramic Restorations.
1996, 2001 2nd Edition, 2004 3rd Edition.
• Matching Single-Ceramic Restorations to the Existing Dentition
Dentistry Today 1995; 14(4):58-62.
• Anterior Fixed Prosthetic Restorations and the Bleached Dentition: Laboratory Techniques.Practical Perio & Aesthetic Dent. 1998; 10(8):1049-1055.
• Vertical Shoulder Preparation Design for Porcelain Laminate Veneer Restorations.
Practical Perio & Aesthetic Dent 2000;12(5):517-524
• Simplifying Veneer Placement Using the Variolink II Luting System.
Technique Restorative Dentistry. Dental Products Report. Oct 2001.
• Layering Technique for Pressed Ceramic Laminate Veneers. Laboratory Realities.
Practical Periodontics and Aesthetic Dentistry. 2002. June/July. Volume 14, No.5.
• The Biomimetic Dentoenamel Junction: A Paradigm Shift of Ceramic Thought.
Quintessence of Dental Technology. 2006.pp.183-189.
• How To Use Lithium Disilicate for Implant Supported Restorations.
Dental Products Report. June 2010
• In-Office Posterior Crowns. Using lithium disilicate and in-office CAD/CAM for
replacing posterior PFM restorations. Inside Dentistry. November/December 2010.
• How To Record An Impression. Taking a Simultaneous 2 Stage Putty Wash Impression
For Invisalign Submissions.Dental Products Report, February 2011.
• Performance Esthetics from a High Strength Material. Reflect Magazine. March 2011.
• The Metrics of Diastema Closure. Dentistry Today. May 2011. 19:26.
• Maximizing Material Selection With CAD/CAM Dentistry.
Dental Tribune Magazine. May 2011.
• Seating All Ceramic Crowns. Inside Dentistry. September 2011. Vol.7 Issue 8
• Compression Strengths of all porcelain crowns 2001-2004
• 2001-Cusp to fossa layering technique for lithium disilicate crowns.
• 2000-Vertical shoulder preparation technique for porcelain laminate veneers.
• 1998-Ceramic composition for creating a bleached dentitions in crowns and laminates.
• 1996-Internal staining and layering technique for pressed laminate veneers.
• Assistant Clinical Professor Department of Prosthodontics Louisiana State University School of Dentistry 2008-Present.
• Director of Integra Institute 2002-Present
•Esthetic and Ceramic Faculty Member of Integra Institute. 2002-Present
•Esthetic Faculty Member of Experdent Centers of Dental Excellence. 2002
Presentations Given For
• Integra Institute Mastering Esthetics Lecture Series 2003
- Atlanta, GA
- Newport each, CA
- Milwaukee, WI
- Rochester, NY
- Portland, OR
- Charlotte. NC
- Indianapolis, IN
- Columbus, OH
- Philadelphia PA
- Bayou District Dental Association - Thibodaux, LA 2003
• Integra Institute Mastering Esthetics Lecture Series 2004
- Bossier City, LA
- Kansas City, MI
- Tucson, AZ
- Destin, FL
- Minneapolis, MN
- Houston, TX
- Seattle, WA
- Chicago, IL
• Jackson Dental Study Club Jackson, MI 2004• Broward County Dental Association Fort Lauderdale, FL 2004• Dutton Dental Laboratory Bolivar, OH 2004• Artisan Dental Laboratory Vancouver, WA 2004• Coors Study Club of Vancouver Vancouver, WA 2004• 2005 Natural Oral Esthetics Lecture Series. Integra Institute
- Tampa, FL
- Novi, MI
- Biloxi, MS
- San Diego/Del Mar, CA
- Baltimore, MD
• Southeastern Conference of Dental Laboratories Annual MeetingAtlanta, GA 2005• Summit Dental Study GroupSan Diego, CA 2005• Louisiana/Mississippi Dental Laboratory AssociationFun ‘n Sun Weekend 2005 - Biloxi, MS• Florida Dental Laboratory Association Annual Meeting 2006• South Carolina Dental Laboratory Dental Annual Meeting Association 2006.Compromised Dentitions. Esthetic and Clinical Challenges.• Florida Dental Laboratory Association Annual Meeting 2006. CompromisedDentitions. Esthetic and Clinical Challenges.• North Carolina Dental Laboratory Association Annual Meeting March 2008.Compromised Dentitions: Esthetic and Technical Challenges• AACD 24th Annual Session. Porcelain Layering Application of Pressed VenusLaminates. Thursday May 8, 2008• National Dental Network Excellence In Cosmetic Dentistry 6.The Single Central Implant Crown. Steps For Success. 2008• Louisiana Dental Laboratory Association Spring Meeting. Saturday, March 14, 2009.The Shape of Color. Esthetics From A Physiologic Perspective.• Productive Dentist Academy Blue Sky Event. November 14 2009, Las Vegas, NV,Changing Lives With VSL Veneers.• Integra Institute Center for Advanced Dental Learning. May 13-14, 2011, NewOrleans, LA. Color Logic Analysis. Central, Lateral, Canine. E.max on Lithium Disilicate• Dental XP. July 2011, Online Lecture. The Master Impression: Simultaneous Two StageTechnique For Prosthetic and Invisalign Submissions. Friday July 8, 2011.• Integra Institute Center for Advanced Dental Learning. November 11-12, 2011, NewOrleans, LA. Color Logic Analysis. Central, Lateral, Canine. E.max on LithiumDisilicate.• F. Harold Wirth Study Club. Metairie, LA . VSL Veneers. Jan.2012